Monday, January 21, 2008

Miracle

Tonight, I was rocked to the core. It was about 11:3o Sunday evening- Carrie and I were getting back from visiting Ella in the NICU and were going to the nursery to take Grady back to our room. The nurse encouraged us to leave him there since Carrie was planning on sleeping and I was going to go into the office to wrap up a few loose ends. We decided that was ok and went back to our room. Carrie got into bed and I got ready to leave. I thought it would be a good idea to stop by the nurse's station to make sure the nurse knew that I had left. She came out from the nursery with some bad news. Grady had coded- he stopped breathing and his heart stopped. They did CPR and a swarm of people were around him. (This was within ten minutes from when we last saw him) She took me into him, he was blue and had just started to breath on his own. The NICU nurses came and admitted him next to his sister. He stabilized within the hour and is doing fine. They have administered O2 and IVs but is doing ok. They have done some x-rays and lab work to see what is going on. We will know more tomorrow when the doctors come in.

His cries are so difficult to hear. We were just getting used to comforting them..... Now we can only touch his hand through the incubator.

This whole experience brought me to my knees. My faith in Christ is the only thing that I had to lean on. Carrie is doing ok although shaken up as well. What a solid rock during this helping me deal with everything. We are bunkering down tonight in the NICU as long as we can since we aren't Sleep really doesn't seem that important......

God sometimes uses hard circumstances to mold our reliance on him.

We'll post more when we know more.

World's proudest and most tired dad....

No comments: