Friday, February 1, 2008

Our Family is Home :)


Let's go home!


Snoozing


Grady after he was discharched


Ella shows off a little smile!

I can't believe we finally made it home. Praise the Lord! This was definitely not how I pictured my first 2 weeks being a mom! It has been a crazy emotional couple of weeks...I didn't know where one day ended and a new one began....but as I look back through our blog and the emails, cards, and notes of encouragement everyone has written us, I feel truly blessed. Thank you to each and every one of you for all of your endless prayers throughout this joyous, yet difficult time for us. We can't even begin to tell you how much you all have meant to us. We now have the two most beautiful babies in the world home with us and are loving every sleepless minute of it!



Grady and Ella had their 2 week appointment today and everything looks good! Grady's back up to his birth weight and Ella is almost there as well. Ella has a little heart murmur from a tiny hole in her heart, but the doctor said it is fairly common and believes it is small enough that it will close on its own as she grows. (Our pediatrician is actually an infant cardiologist, so we trust him!) Grady is still on his reflux medicine as well. Other than that, our doctor has no major concerns - praise God for healthy babies :)



The twins love their new home and can't wait to meet everyone. We're not venturing out much yet...but feel free to give us a call and stop by sometime!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Everyone looks very happy and content to be back home! :)

Brian Heinemann said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm so happy everyone is finally home! Lucy's probably excited to meet them too!?! Make sure you guys take any moment you can to sleep! Cute pictures! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Love Leslie

rtekippe said...

awww they look so cute and little in their big car seats/carrier things (haha i'm definitely not a mom - i'm not even sure what they're called)! i'm so so happy to hear that everyone is home and doing well! and i can't wait to see all of you in about 6 months!! :)

still in my thoughts and prayers,
becky :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, again, we can't wait to meet them! We were going to head to IA in late February, early March. Let's definitely plan to hook up! Kiss them and let me know if you need anything. Best parental advice I can give: be consistent in all that you do for them!

David and Marianne said...

They're beautiful Carrie! We've been praying for all of you and are SO grateful for the Lord's precious mercies!! You look great too : ) We all are anxious to meet your sweet ones but I have a feeling it will be some time since I'm still "waiting" in my recliner : ) Congratulations...we are so happy for both you and Steven! love, Marianne

Mara said...

Hey Carrie and Steven!
just wanted to let you both know im open if you need any help this summer! =D
Im so happy for you both!
Ella and Grady are so adorable! =]

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I found your blog through your facebook and had to get myself updated!!!! Grady and Ella are adorable and precious in every way, but I'm sure you already know that. God's hand has definitely been over you the last month or so and He's brought you through the trials, and over the next 18+ years He'll be by your side every inch of the way! Congratulations to you and Steven! Sounds like you're taking parenthood and running with it and doing an AMAZING job!!!! God Bless you all.....You're in my prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hi from France,

we are glad everybody is now at home. the pictures are great

Look forward to seeing you all soon

Love

Stephanie, Jean-Pierre,Mathilde and Baptiste Ciesielski from Douai,France

Tulip and Turnip said...

Hi,
You don't know me...I came across your blog quite by accident as I was searching for another friend's blog (she has the same last name as you). I read through your posts, though, because your situation seems similar to mine in many ways. I have boy/girl twins who will be a year old next week (I can't believe it!). They were born at 31 weeks and were in the NICU for 5 weeks. It was a crazy, scary, tiring, emotional, wonderful time, and you have nothing but good things ahead of you. Good luck with your beautiful twins!