Tuesday, August 14, 2012

si dye vle

Most all of you have heard about the tragedy that happened to our Hands & Feet family last Friday, August 10.   On a weekly beach outing, our precious six-year-old, Junette, was swept out to sea (We did find her body two days later).  I will write/reflect more about the story soon, but I just want to ask for prayers as we're still in the whirlwind of heart-ache, funeral preparations, counseling/loving-on the kiddos and staff, as well as all the social-services/local government meetings that have to be had.  The funeral is tomorrow, August 15th at 3:00pm.  Please continue to pray for our entire family here at Hands & Feet in this time of sorrow....and joy, as we know that Junette was adopted into her forever-family in heaven this week.

In the midst of another struggle and tragedy, I'm constantly reminded of a few things:
1. I have a great God who is in control, sovereign, and loves us
2. I have a pretty spectacular husband. for real.
3. I love my mulligan and hands & feet kids to pieces, and cherish every moment I'm gifted with them.
4. I have to end all of the plans I make for tomorrow and beyond with "Si Dye vle".....a Haitian phrase that is always said meaning, "If God wants/wills." They literally say it after every plan, and it's so true.

Thanks for all the love and support!
                                                   
                    Love you, Junette

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Amen!

Sheena said...

I am so sorry, Carrie. This is heartbreaking. I am praying for peace and a celebration of the light this little girl brought to the lives of many to not be forgotten. I look forward to meeting Junette in Heaven. I'm praying for you & the Hands & Feet family. Thank you for your sacrifices.

Sheena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.