Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Food Story....................by Ella

A couple weeks ago, I started getting really hungry in the middle of the night. I would wake up and cry and cry trying to get mom and dad's attention. Grady would just sleep while I was doing the hard work of waking them up, but somehow he would always get fed too. Lucky kid. Then mommy told daddy that they needed to feed us cereal so that we would sleep through the night again. I wasn't sure what cereal was, but it was fine with me because mom and dad were kind of cranky in the middle of the night. So they put us in these weird chairs, and put something towards our mouth that was not a bottle..........


......and that's what I thought about that.


Mom was saying that Grady ate like a champ........


.....so I showed her what a real champ would do - hold my own bottle!


Then Grady had to steal my thunder.

We decided to drop our bottles a few seconds into this, though. We didn't want mom thinking we could feed ourselves yet. It's very entertaining for us to watch her try and feed us both at the same time during the day!

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

They're getting so big!! This is great... I think we're about to embark on the cereal adventure soon also. I love this story- thanks for sharing, ella!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1/2 B-day Grady and Ella!!! I'm so glad I finally got to meet you! I love little Ella's face when she's eating the cereal. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling!!!!Happy 1/2 birthday to Ella and Grady! Hope to see all of you soon!
Hang in there, Mom and Dad! :--)
Love, Dennis and Melanie